Reduce camera shake in smartphone video 【ZHIYUN Smooth4】 Gimble for smartphone




Have you ever heard of a gimbal? I can't explain it in detail, but it's a tool that allows you to take smooth videos.

In the future, as the use of video to capture memories becomes more and more mainstream, the use of this kind of equipment will increase, so I think it's a good idea to know how to use it.

I'd like to introduce a gimbal that will make you feel like you're ahead of the trend.

As the title suggests, I chose the SMOOTH4 from the manufacturer ZHIYUN.

About the product




Load capacity: 75g minimum, 210g maximum

Product weight: 550g

Operating time: 12 hours

Tilt axis movement range: 240° standard

Roll axis movement range: 240° typical

Pan axis movement range: None

The tested models are mainly from Chinese manufacturers, no domestic phones are listed.

Please note that smartphones from domestic, European and American manufacturers may not work.

To use it, turn on the gimbal, launch the ZHIYUN app on your phone, and connect it via Bluetooth.

Then all you have to do is to use the gimbal's buttons to take pictures.

You can also shoot time lapse, slow motion, and other shooting modes.

However, it is not a device that I use on a daily basis, so it takes a little time to get used to it each time.

Recommendations


There are not so many types of smartphones to choose from yet, but I decided to go with this one because it allows me to complete almost all the basic operations at hand.

The buttons and dials are located on the front, back, and sides of the device, which may seem awkward at first glance, but I think it is an advantage to be able to operate the device without touching the screen with one hand.

The fact that it is large and heavy may be a minus, though.

Merits and demerits


Advantages


 -You can complete the operation with your hand.

 -Can be placed on a tripod to increase its length.

 -Variety of shooting modes and color changes in the app.

Disadvantages


 -Heavy

 -More luggage.

 -You need to pay attention to your surroundings when swinging it around because of its size.

 -If you move recklessly, you will not be able to keep up, so you need to determine the line where you will not be able to keep up.

Summary


Since it is large and heavy, please be sure to pay attention to your surroundings when using it.

It's easy to get caught up in focusing on the screen.

If you exceed the range of motion, the gimbal will fall over and not come back, so it is also important to have some idea of the limit.

I'm basically a still photographer, but now that I'm using a gimbal, I'm much more conscious of video.

I feel like I've rediscovered the benefits of capturing memories with video.

Of course, capturing the moment in a photo is great, but being able to easily capture the entire flow of an event in a video makes me feel the progress of the times.

In addition, it is good to be able to take videos with less blur so that they are easy to see.

So that was my introduction to the ZHIYUN SMOOTH4 (or rather, the gimbal for smartphones). Thank you for sticking with me until the end.

Comments