Carabiner Key case 【Petzl Ange】 Using the Mobilon Band



I've finally created the best carabiner key case ever, and I'd like to share it with you.

Sorry if it doesn't stick.

It uses a Petzl Ange L carabiner and a Mobilon band.

About the product


Petzl is a French mountaineering company that was founded in the 1970's. It is a famous brand that deals with a wide range of products related to mountains and rescue.

It has a wide range of products for mountain use, from mountain climbing to rescue, so it has specifications that can be used properly in the mountains.

Weight: 34g

Breaking strength: Vertical axis 22 kN, open gate 10 kN, horizontal axis 7 kN

Since 1kN (kilonewton) = about 100kg

Rupture strength: vertical axis: approx. 2200 kg, open gate: approx. 1000 kg, horizontal axis: approx. 700 kg

I think that means it can withstand up to

You can't imagine the strength from the weight of the main body.

If you use such a tough item for daily use, you will not have any problems in your daily life, so the sense of security is unbelievable.

Modification points



As you can see in the picture, I put a Mobilon band around the base of the hook to prevent the keys from falling off.

This is exactly what I worry about when I use a carabiner as a key case, as the hook is opened and closed frequently enough to hold important things such as house and car keys, and it is also opened and closed invisibly, so there is always the danger of loss.

The Mobilon band solves this problem.

The non-hook side of the Mobilon band can be moved freely to some extent, so you can temporarily add something to the carabiner, and the band can be easily removed.

This carabiner is especially suitable for the Ange, where the band fits into the hollow at the base of the hook.

The hook opens and closes smoothly, and the opening is wide, so you won't feel any stress at all when using it.

Merits and demerits


Advantages


 -Light weight and strength

 -Large opening for easy handling

 -The structure is perfect for modifying with Mobilon bands.

Disadvantages



 -Pricey for a carabiner for everyday use.

  (If you think of it as a key case, it's cheap)


Impressions


I feel much more secure now that I don't have to worry about it falling off.

I've been using it for a while now. I've never had to check if it's all attached before.

It's fun to see the QoL increase with these little touches.

Conclusion


If you have the same anxiety about carabiners, please try this method.

You really can have a carabiner key case life without anxiety and stress.

Petzl Ange S



We have welcomed a new member to our carabiner key case line.

It's the Ange S.

The carabiner key case is just a key case, so I wanted a carabiner that I could use freely.

So this is the only one I could get.

Size


Here is a comparison of the size of the S and L.


There is a difference of about one size.

Feel of use


I started with the L size, so when I first touched the S, I thought it was too small.

However, I think women and people with small hands will find it more comfortable.

The gate of the L model is larger than the S model, which makes it easier to open and close.

If you have small hands, the S version may be a better fit.

I'm glad that the orange color makes it more visible and easier to find the key.

So, if you prefer a smaller size, please consider the S size.

Of course, it is best to have both.

Comments