Tapered denim pants 【Levi's 501T】



After wearing clothes almost every day for almost 40 years, I would like to share with you a story about jeans.

Whether it's because I'm getting old and it feels like a hassle, or because I want to focus my remaining life resources more effectively, I've been "fixing" more and more things.

I think this is a good thing, because by "fixing" things, I can focus on other things.

However, "how (what) to fix" is an important part that cannot be missed, so it is necessary to examine it carefully.

The ones I introduce in this blog are the best ones, so I hope you will find them useful.

So I hope this will be helpful to those who are looking for some good jeans or trying to fix them to cut down on the time they spend choosing clothes to wear.

About the product



Introduced in 2015.

Initially, it was called 501CT, an acronym for Customized & Tapered.

Later, the name was changed to 501T.

There are two types of 501CT: early and late (unofficial). The early type is made of 100% cotton, while the late type is made of stretch blend, etc.

As a derivative of the original model number of jeans, it is not hard to imagine the controversy that arose.

Recommendations



Tapered pants are pants that taper toward the hem, and this 501T has a strong taper from the knee to the hem.

In fact, the original 501s are also slightly tapered.

If you make it really straight, the hem will look wider.

The strong taper makes the thighs loose and does not pick up the line of the legs, and the taper towards the ankles makes it look neat and clean.

It is a design that has recently become popular, but it is one that can be worn by adults as well as young people because it inherits the genes of the 501.

Merits and demerits


Demerits


 -No!

Advantages


 -Loose around the waist, neat around the legs

 -Increased cleanliness of appearance


Thoughts


I have 3 pairs of 501CT.

I don't pay much attention to how I wear them.

On the contrary, I choose the non-tapered ones when I feel like I want to relax my legs today.

Tapered has become the standard.

However, high bleach. This is the only one that doesn't seem to fit me, and although I try it on many times at home, the silhouette and color balance doesn't feel right, so I tend to leave it at home.

I don't wear white-colored pants very often, so I just don't know how to wear them.

I fold the hem and try to keep the silhouette wrinkle-free.

It's also cute to roll them up and make them shorter in length.

Summary


I think this is a good combination of Levi's classic atmosphere and trendy shape.

If you are looking for a "fix" as mentioned at the beginning of this article, the 501 may be the best.

Since it is the original, it will not be discontinued in the future.

However, the range of 501 is too wide, and if you start to chase after the "vintage", well....

In such a situation, 501T is still a newborn baby model number, so there are few choices and the price is easy to get.

I think it's a good idea to buy a pair of indigo cone denim and wear them out while enjoying the changes over time.

So, thank you for staying with me until the end. I hope to see you again in the future.


Comments