The Fun of Drones 【DJI Mavic air2】 Specifications




I'm going to talk about all the good and not-so-good things about it.

My motivation for buying the drone is that I've always loved photography, and I've played around with everything from film SLRs, film compacts, twin-lens reflex cameras, digital SLRs, compact digital cameras, and mirrorless cameras.

Then one day, a voice from heaven said, "Are you sure you only want to take pictures of the ground? There's still underwater and air."

I wondered which way I should go.

There was a time when I was quite inclined to go underwater because I also fish.

The local ocean is very beautiful, so I thought it would make a good picture.

I thought that if I could capture the movement of fish underwater, I could use it for fishing.

But how could I combine fishing and photography at the same time?

You can't just take an underwater drone to the ocean and not fish.

You can't go out to sea in a boat and shoot and fish at the same time? I can't concentrate.

As long as I'm doing it alone, it's hard to balance both in terms of feelings.

So I decided to go with an aerial drone, and then came the most fun time of all: deciding what kind of drone to go with.

The days of searching like grasping at clouds in the big sky of Google have begun.

If I were to write about the details here, I wouldn't have enough space, so I'll just go ahead and say that what I focused on was the camera specifications.

The results I want from a drone is how good the pictures are.

Next is the system that supports it.

The specs of the gimbal, the stability of the aircraft, and safety.

If I start talking about this, you'd think I'd want the latest and greatest! But my wallet has its limits, so I decided to go with the DJI drone mentioned in the title while consulting with my wallet.

I think it was a good timing because the manufacturer has a good track record and it was just after its release.

About the product


Released in May 2020

I purchased the fly more combo, which is a set of accessories.

This set comes with the following items compared to buying the main unit alone.

Battery x 2

Propellers x 3

ND filter set (ND16/64/256)

Battery charging hub

Battery power bank adapter

Shoulder bag

It is definitely better to buy these from the beginning than to buy them separately later.

You will definitely need more than one battery, and you will need the bag for storage, although I didn't think I would need it before I bought it.

It's also a good idea to have a spare propeller.

If you're on a budget, it might be tough, but I think you'll be happier if you feel like the fly more combo is default a good idea.

I additionally purchased a propeller guard, drone pad, and an anemometer.

I bought the propeller guard to protect people and the drone, the drone pad to prevent sand from flying around and affecting the drone, and the anemometer to keep a record of the wind speed during flight, and I thought it might be useful for fishing.


Recommended points


The stability of the aircraft.

I didn't have the confidence to fly an expensive drone for my first challenge, so I bought a small drone for practice as well.

This is an aside, but it was a bit of a mistake.

Because it was so small, it was difficult to fly it outside because even a slight breeze would cause it to be swept away.

On the other hand, there is no convenient place to fly it indoors, so I haven't been able to find a good place to use it.

The Mavic air2 is so stable that I don't think I need to use it for practice unless I do something crazy.

One of the secrets to its stability is the vision sensors installed in the front, rear, and bottom.

It has a high precision measurement range of 22 meters in the front and 23.6 meters in the rear.

The lower part is supported by vision sensors, infrared sensors, and auxiliary lights.

The Advanced Piloting Assistance System (APAS) 3.0 assists you in flying smoothly and avoiding obstacles by using 3D mapping.

Even if you are really an amateur flying it for the first time, it will be stable as long as you don't make it move in a very strange way.

"It's so easy to fly that you'll think, "This is easy to fly a drone.

You can get used to it little by little from there, so I'm honestly impressed by the progress of technology.

Various shooting modes


As focus tracks, you can use Spotlight 2.0, Active Track 3.0, and POI 3.0 (Point of Interest).

Quick Shot: Droney / Circle / Helix / Rocket / Boomerang / Asteroid

You can use these modes to take professional looking pictures.

I'm not sure what all this is about, so I'd like to introduce it separately here.

If you can get the idea of "something amazing!" is all you need to know.

Merits and demerits


Advantages


 -Easy to handle even for beginners

With the development of sensors and algorithms, the drone can avoid danger and maintain a suitable state, so it's great that you can get used to it little by little.

I've never flown a full manual drone, but I'm sure it's as different or more different than a manual or automatic car.

Even so, it still takes some study and familiarity to handle the controller. Just like a car, you need to learn how to use it at least.

 -You can take pictures that have never been taken before.

Even from a height of a few meters, it's another world. The feeling of being able to move and shoot that image by yourself is a joy to behold.

But if it's more than a few dozen meters or a hundred meters...

Disadvantages


 -Almost impossible to recover if dropped on the water

This is the only disadvantage I can think of.

There are other risks such as being swept away by strong or gusty winds, or being attacked by birds.

In order to avoid these risks, it is essential to acquire knowledge and skills.

So, it may not be a casual hobby.

Impressions


I've never been into radio-controlled aircraft before, but the act of piloting itself stimulates my boyish heart.

And the fact that it is flying in the sky makes it even more fun.

At first it's scary, but you get used to it, and when you're flying far away, the sense of urgency (if you fall, it's over) and the fun of the pictures that are taken, the images from a point of view that you can't usually see are all fresh, and I think you're probably smiling when you're flying.

Summary


It's fun to combine the excitement of jumping into an unknown world with the danger of ending up with over 100,000 yen in one shot if you're not careful.

Familiar places will show you a completely different world just by changing the "height".

Only those who have a drone in their hands can see this.

And now you can get it close at hand.


Comments