About "that thing" you often see in cafes 【Duralex】 Stylish Glasses



When I heard that Duralex, a long-established glassware manufacturer, was filing for bankruptcy, I wondered if I would be able to buy their products. I looked into it.

Even if you don't know the name of Duralex, I'm sure you've seen their products.

It's the kind of thing you often see in trendy cafes.

It's human nature to want to buy something when you hear that you can't afford it anymore.

Please join us for a quick look before you buy.

About the product


The world's first tempered glass was made in 1939 by the French state-owned company, Saint-Coban.

It was in 1946 that the brand was established as Duralex.

In the 1960s, it was widely exported to the world and came to Japan around this time.

In the manufacturing process, the glass is heated to 700 degrees Celsius and then cooled down to 20 degrees Celsius at once.

The walnut-shell-like film on the surface is the secret of its strength.

It is said to be two to three times stronger than ordinary glass products.

This fully physically strengthened glass is also characterized by the fact that when it breaks, it breaks into small blocks and has no sharp edges, making it less likely to cause injury.

Mechanical impact tests include drop tests, iron ball impact tests, and slide impact tests, and only products that meet the standards are shipped.

It is heat and cold resistant from 100℃ to minus 25℃ and can be used in microwave ovens and dishwashers.

Recommended points


The most important thing is the shock resistance.

Since it is glass, it is not absolutely unbreakable, but it is strong enough to withstand daily use.

It is also highly resistant to heat and cold, and can be used for just about anything you would put in a glass everyday.

Of course, sudden temperature changes are not good.

The design is simple and timeless, and can be used for a long time.

Merits and demerits


Demerits


 -Explosion when damaged

 -Cannot be replaced (laughs)

Advantages


 -Long-lasting use

 -Can be used on a daily basis without concern.

The possibility of breakage is low because it is reinforced, but when the accumulated damage exceeds the limit, it is said to explode as if it had exploded.

However, when the accumulated damage exceeds the limit, it is said to explode as if it were an explosion.

Many people have recorded the surprise, so please check there.

However, there are many people who have been using them for 10 years, so I am not concerned about it.

If you have small children, you may need to be careful.

I think the advantage of using it on a daily basis for a long time is greater than a single breakage.

Conclusion


This is now a top candidate for my wish list.

A rarity that may not be available for purchase.

The world's first tempered glass.

A design that I would not be ashamed to show anywhere.

I can't find any reason not to buy it.

There are many sizes and designs to choose from, so I am sure you will find your favorite.

I'm going to buy the basic Picardy clear and amber ones.

I'm still thinking about what size to buy.

I'll post pictures and my impressions once I buy them.

Comments