Big fish reel for beginners 【DAIWA LEGALIS4000D-CXH】 good cost performance



I wasn't going to tell you about it in my original plan, but since I suddenly had to get a new one, I thought it would be a good opportunity to review it.


The reason why this happened to me is that I went fishing in the surf for the first time in a while.

As soon as I swung it out, something rolled out of my hand and disappeared into the waves.

I thought it was my imagination, but when I reeled it in, there was no response.

No drag knob! I couldn't find the drag knob. It was the drag knob that had disappeared into the waves earlier.

At any rate, I reeled in the line and plunged into the sea in October, but it was too late. It was the shortest fishing trip in my history.

I had plans to go boating a few days later, so I got a new reel and now I have a new reel of the same type and the one that lost the drag knob.

Make sure you do a proper pre-use inspection before casting the first time.

About the product


Release: 2018

Dead weight: 245g

Maximum drag force: 12kg

Winding length: 99cm (one turn of handle)

Standard reel length: PE1.5-430m, PE2-300m, PE2.5-260m

Suggested retail price: 11,200 yen (in Japan)


Recommendations


My main use is for jigging in rental boats and on land.

The 4000 is a reel that can be used to catch big fish.

In the photo, I am spooling 300m of PE No.2.

I got this reel shortly after it was released, so I have been using it for about two whole years.

It is an entry-level model among DAIWA reels, selling for less than 10,000 yen in Japan.

I'm not an expert on reels, so I'm going to talk about it based on my sensory experience of using it for two years as an amateur.

My impression is that it is easy to use, with no troubles.

I have used it for two years with very little maintenance, and it has not broken down.

Although I haven't pushed it to the limit of its performance, I feel that Legalis is better than its price, so if you are a beginner jigging angler under 10,000 yen, there is no harm in buying Legalis.

If you buy it well, you can get it for around 10,000 yen including line.

I think it depends on how you use it, but the reason I use this number is the length of the reel.

This 4000 is 99cm long, and I find it useful for measuring flying distance and depth because it is easy to see that one turn is almost 1 meter.

You can also use a colored line, but I find this method easier because I can see the number of revolutions with my hand without using my eyes.

Merits and demerits


Advantages


 -Cost performance is good as the first reel for those who want to try jigging for big fish and other fish.

 -Easy to measure with a reel length of almost 1 meter.

 -You can count the reel with your hand, so you don't have to focus on the line.

 -High gears allow you to reel in more line per reel, so you can get a better return on your investment.

Disadvantages


 -Hmmm


Impressions


I really can't think of any disadvantages. You can use it as normal and use it as normal.

For less than 10,000 yen and without any maintenance, it's been working for over 2 years, which I think is enough.

I used to use a reel that was a bit cheaper than this one, and the internal parts were damaged after a year, so I've decided that this model is at the lower end of stress-free use.

Summary


Legalis is available in sizes from 1000 to 5000, so you can choose the size that suits your fishing needs.

I hope this article will help you choose the right one if you are new to fishing or challenging a new fishing method.

Comments