One of the right answers for outdoor outerwear 【SIERRA DESIGNS】 Mountain Parka

 



The colder it gets, the more I want to buy outerwear.


I'd like to talk about the SIERRA DESIGNS mountain parka, the outerwear that cured me of my outerwear craving disease, though it may be temporary.


I know it's a bit late, but please bear with me as part of my missionary work to increase the number of fans of this favorite outerwear.


About the product


This product was first released in 1968 and has been in production for over 50 years.


It features a fabric commonly known as "rocu-yon cloth" in Japan.


The fabric is made of 60% high-strength cotton for the weft and 40% high-density nylon for the warp.


When the fabric gets wet, the cotton expands and compresses the nylon to prevent water from entering, which was revolutionary at the time of its release.


This is the original of what is called a mountain parka.


The design features raglan sleeves to ensure mobility around the arms.


It has four flap pockets, a hand warmer pocket on the lower front and a map pocket on the back.


Recommended points




This one is probably from the 70's. (It's been folded and stored, so please excuse the wrinkles.)


You can see that the design has remained unchanged and unfaded until today.


If you think that a design that has remained unchanged for more than 50 years will not suddenly become cheap in the future, you can definitely wear it for a long time, so I think it's worth having.


As for the sizing, a size M in US notation is like a size L in Japan.


I'm 170cm, 65kg, and the US size S is just right, but if I put something thicker inside, it would be too tight, and the US size M is a little big, but if I put something thicker inside, it would be a good fit.


The length is just long enough to cover your hips and protect your upper body from the cold.


Merits and demerits


Advantages


 -Long lasting design that will never go out of style.


 -They are designed for outdoor use, so functionality is assured.


 -A wide variety of colors and designs to choose from.


Disadvantages


 -I can't think of any!


Impressions


They seem to be manufactured in China now, and you can roughly tell them apart by whether the flaps and cuffs are snap buttons or Velcro.


You can also distinguish it by the map pocket on the back.


New models and special orders are still coming out, so if you are interested in them, check them out.


As for how to wear it, it can be worn casually or formally, not to mention outdoors, so I think it has many applications.


Just wear boots, denim, a mountain parka, and a knit cap. This is OK.


I have three pairs in beige, blue, and green. I'm also looking for orange and black.


You can get used clothes for around 10,000 yen in Japan, so it is easy to buy them as outerwear.


The only thing to keep in mind when buying second-hand clothes is the deterioration and fading of the Velcro on the flap.


This is directly related to the appearance and functionality, so I think you should pay attention to this area and come to a compromise with the price.


Summary


As we get older, we tend to become more fixed in what we wear, but if we're going to be fixed, we want to be able to wear something that's "slightly" better.


If I'm going to be fixed, I want to be able to wear something "slightly" better that can be easily changed.


The latest materials and technology are fine, but I like products with history and stories, even if they are old, so I'm glad I found this Sierra mountain parka.


If you're looking for a


/I want to cure my outerwear craving.


/I want to fix my outerwear.


/I'm more interested in history and stories than the latest functionality.


/If you're a fan of outdoor casual wear, 


Sierra Designs is for you.


The Sierra Designs Mountain Parka is a must have.


I think it's a good thing to have one, so take this opportunity.


This is a bit of a ramble, but let me give you a quick introduction to the three pieces I currently have.






First item: 70's green. No snap button stamp. No tag at the neck. Purchased used.


The color fading is great. I don't want it to deteriorate forever.


I've worn it many times in early fall and given up when it's still too hot. There is a foreign substance in the sleeve.


Second item: 80's beige, US size small. The snap buttons are the familiar logo. Purchased used.


Just the right size, so this is the one I should wear first. It's great for wearing in the spring and fall with one layer inside.


Third item: 80's blue, US size medium. The logo is a triangle that was used for only two years in the late '80s. 


Must be valuable. Of course, I bought it used, most recently.


It's a logo buy, not a jacket buy.

Comments